As the beginning of our project starts to progress, our research team at the museum have been busy working away looking at records of the area.

We have started with looking at the history of the owners of the land and have put together a basic timeline that covers from the 14th Century until 1820 and the Clearance of the Townships. This has been greatly aided by Malcolm Banjor Jones’ previous work on the MacKenzie Families of the Barony of Lochbroom.